Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Don't eat after 6:30 p.m.

This is not a traditional recipe, but it is a RECIPE FOR WEIGHT LOSS.

(source: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/ luigi diamanti)
I've lost almost 60 lbs of excess weight. It took me almost 3 years! But one thing I found out to be a fact, was that when I don't eat after 6:30 p.m., I actually lose weight. When I eat late at night, I just maintain my weight. Even if I eat a light salad after 6:30, I DON'T lose weight, even if I eat and exercise and drink water regularly through the week.

So secret to weight loss:
1. Eat your counted number of calories for the day.
2. Exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week.
3. Drink 9 glasses of water everyday... don't be fooled. If you don't do this, you WON'T lose weight.
4. Don't eat past 6:30p.m.

Other useful tips:
- Don't stuff yourself silly. Eat a little slower than usual, and when you're done about 50% of your meal (total amount of food on your plate) wait and see if you're still hungry. Now here's the super hard part: if you're not hungry, Put the Plate Down and pack the food for tomorrow's lunch! Really hard. But once you've done it for 4-8 weeks, it'll be a new habit you have formed and you'll lose a lot of weight. This is ofcourse assuming you weren't eating a big bowl of potato chips or M&Ms or any other calorie-dense food. Your plate should be 50% veggies, 25% protein and 25% complex carbs.
- Really. Don't eat past 6:30 p.m. I struggle with this all the time. But I enjoy the victory every time. Remember, because you'll be hungry in the night, you'll have a MUCH better sleep and you'll feel hungry for breakfast earlier. This helps with feeling less hungry in the evening. This works! I'm not lying! Eat your supper at work if you are working late... which I used to do far too regularly.
(source: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/ Ambro)

- Although she's eating sushi above, Try going without rice or bread for a while. All your carb needs for the day can be fulfilled with complex carbs in steamed veggies or raw salad. Once you cut rice out of your diet, it really won't feel quite as "necessary" as all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment