Monday, March 19, 2012

Light Fish Recipes

I've been trying to get some good fish recipes. Most fish fillet recipes ask to be grilled in the oven where the edges of the fillet get painfully dry and the middle is sadly soggy.
The only option is to keep all of it consistently soggy by wrapping it in tin foil for the duration of the cooking.

However, this recipe just gave me some ideas:
http://blog.bodybuilding.com/nikki01198/2011/08/17/recipe_for_delicious_tilapia/

It won't matter how the fish is cooked if the topping or salsa on top is delicious. I have cilantro, lime juice, red onions and tomatoes at home. I might just chop everything up, sprinkle the lime juice and salt, mix and top on the "grilled" fish. Of course, serve with asparagus or another vegetable on the side. Since I'm going to substitute the rice with complex carbohydrates, I might splurge and pan fry the fillet with 1 - 2 tsp of oil.

Here's another promising one if you have a little bit of orange juice in the house (which I do at this time):
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitexpert9.htm

I'll be substituting white fish for the salmon. I'll also be skipping a bunch of ingredients I don't actually have.

No comments:

Post a Comment