Saturday, August 4, 2012

Good Eats at Banff

I actually took some pictures of the food I ordered...

So the first place was the Wild Flour which is a wonderful place that serves wholesome, earthy, tree-hugger type food. The food is very delicious. The bakery is attached and you can see the bakers at work while you wait in line to order your food.

The day I took this picture I got the Swiss Cheese, Arugula, Ham and Tapenade pressed panini sandwich. I ended up taking the ham out because I didn't feel like eating meat that day. The sandwich was warm and deeelicious!!

The next morning I decided to try something other than a chain for my latte. I chanced upon the first of 3 cafes, all called Evelyn's. Despite there being three of these on the same street that only spans about 5 blocks, I was very happy with what I received. The food was delicious, the view from my chair was perfect for people watching, and the weather was phenomenal... how could I possibly complain? I also ordered the Vegetable Puff Pastry. Little did I know that it was Indian inspired and turned out to be so spicy that I couldn't handle it more than 1 bite every 5 minutes. But it wasn't bad. The filling was ok, but the texture of the pastry was perfect.

 The view I enjoyed...



No comments:

Post a Comment