Sunday, September 9, 2012

Baked Pakora Recipe Test Results

Baked Pakoras


I made my own recipe for Baked "Pakoras. These were very good. And a teeny tiny fraction of the calories.

Ingredients:
1 head of Cauliflower cut to bite-size pieces
1-2 Broccoli heads cut to bite-size pieces
2 green peppers cut to 1inch pieces
salt to taste
2 tsp. Garam Masala powder
1/2 cup ground chick pea flour
2 tsp turmeric powder
(optional) any other spices like chilli powder, amchur, etc. 
2 tbsps oil

Steps:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Wash all the veges and coat evenly with the oil.
3. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients one-by-one and toss thoroughly and evenly.
4. Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Lay out all the vegetable pieces evenly on the cookie sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cooked.
5. You could flip the vegetables over mid-way through the cooking process.

Serve as is or with Ketchup, Indian Mustard, Hot sauce or anything you like.
Older Post:
I love pakoras but they are deep fried and don't serve my weight loss purposes well. Ergo the search for a healthy pakora recipe.

I found this online:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=453708

The recipe writer says it's delicious. I believe the writer... I just need to test it for myself. I will let you know how it turns out.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment