Friday, April 15, 2016

Scrambled Tofu Tastes Exactly Like Scrambled Eggs!!!

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't tried it myself 2 days ago. It's absolutely unbelievable. I crumbled a cup of tofu into 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Then added some spices, and let it cook till the water evaporated and the tofu got a little bit of colour on it. Then I stuck it in a wrap and I basically couldn't tell that I wasn't eating scrambled eggs in a wrap.

Basically blew my mind.

Ingredients:
1 cup firm tofu
1/4 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tortilla wrap

Method:
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the tofu and ginger. Cook uncovered on medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Stir once or twice.
2. Add the soy sauce, stir and cook another 2 minutes.
3. Place cooked tofu into a tortilla, add veggies of your choice and roll up.

The crazy (good) thing was that the tofu didn't soak up the oil, so when I scooped up the tofu from the pan, all the oil was left behind. WOW! Perfect breakfast dish.

Next time I'm going to try it with some crumbled bacon in the wrap. I'll replace the ginger and soy sauce with salt and pepper. Maybe some hot-sauce another day. I could also do curry powder or piri-piri powder. So many ways to do this. Zing!!

Tofu is low fat, high protein, has isoflavones (phytoestrogens) that mimic estrogen in your body. All Good Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment